Your donation can make a huge difference to children and families living in extreme poverty. Please click the buttons below to offer your support:
Every penny of your donation goes to the Acorn Childcare Center in Guatemala. The US directors and UK trustees do not accept any payment for their work and they cover all their administrative costs themselves. This means that 100% of funds donated to Maya Childcare go directly to fund the valuable work of the Center in Guatemala. Your generous donations pay for:
- healthy food and clean drinking water for the children
- educational books, play resources and art supplies to support active learning
- medical care for the children
- rent for the building that houses the Center
- teacher and staff salaries
Your donations allow children to enjoy:
- good nutrition for healthy development
- a safe and caring environment
- nurturing relationships with adults and other children
- an exceptional early education
Donating in honor of someone? Click to download a printable tribute card.
When you make your donation recurring, you’ll join our Helping Hands Sustainer Circle, a community of extraordinary humans working together to provide monthly support for the children and families at the Acorn Childcare Center. As a member, your monthly commitment provides a reliable and sustainable source of funds we can use to plan programs, create budgets and expand services. For example, your monthly commitment of $25 provides the children with safe drinking water for a month while $50 provides the children with books and art supplies for the month.
Ready to do even more? When you sponsor a child for $250 per month, your generosity provides one child with education, medical care and food each month. Your commitment helps students like Fernando André and Allison, young children who get a better start despite their economic and family difficulties.